Monday, July 12, 2010

Top 13 Directors #01

ONE

Stanley Kubrick
Image


I hate to admit it, but my #1 is completely obvious and deservingly so.

Not only did he film all of his films in a gorgeous and professional style, his films were all top-notch.

And while most directors tend to do similar genres, most of Kubrick's films are completely different from one another and unique in their own way. He nailed it, and that is why he is my favorite director.

This legend will forever live on in his work.


Notable Work
- Killer's Kiss (1955)
- The Killing (1956)
- Paths of Glory (1957)
Image
- Spartacus (1960)
- Lolita (1962)
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Image
- A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Image
- Barry Lyndon (1975)
- The Shining (1980)
Image
Image
- Full Metal Jacket (1987)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Image


His films:



A tribute:

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I haven't seen all of his movies yet but the ones I have always very interestin. Also, Clockwork Orange is one of my favourite movies :)

    ReplyDelete